Terms and Conditions
- TIMING. National Numismatic Certification, LLC. (NNC) will use reasonable efforts to grade coins in a prompt manner. However, NNC will have no liability whatsoever to the customer for any damages due to NNC's failure to grade any coin within any time frame.
- LIMITATIONS ON GRADING SERVICES. National Numismatic Certification, LLC. will not issue a grade for any coins of questionable authenticity. Problem coins will be graded if the problem is not too severe and the problem can be easily described, i.e. "MS-63 cleaned", "MS-62 scratch obverse (or reverse)" etc. For multiple problem coins, only the most obvious problem will be identified on the labeling of the coin. The customer understands that in such an event National Numismatic Certification, LLC. will not refund any fee paid for the grading service. We will not, however, grade a coin which has been "whizzed" or "scratched and repaired", those coins will be returned ungraded and unslabbed to the customer and the grading fee, minus return shipping fees, for a coin so identified will be refunded.
- SUBJECTIVITY OF GRADING. Limitation of Liability for Grading. All parties understand and agree that the professional opinion required in grading coins involves NNC's subjective judgement. Consequently, NNC makes no warranty or representation and shall have no liability whatsoever to the customer for the grade assigned by NNC to any coin.
- COIN LIQUIDITY. National Numismatic Certification, LLC. is an independent third-party service which does not buy or sell coins, nor does NNC appraise coins in terms of monetary value. National Numismatic Certification, LLC. cannot guarantee the liquidity of any coin graded by NNC. NNC certification of a particular coin cannot provide protection from the risks inherent in any market for such coins, if such a market exists.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR COIN DAMAGE. All parties agree that (a) NNC's liability for coins lost or damaged will be limited to (I) damages caused by National Numismatic Certification incurred while the coin is actually in the physical possession of National Numismatic Certification, LLC., (specifically excluding any damage incurred by shipping) and (II) the amount of damages will be limited to the true value of the coin and not based upon any insured value; and (b) NNC shall have no liability whatsoever to any party or person for any damages or injuries resulting from removing the coin from the NNC holder (c) National Numismatic Certification assumes no liability, express or implied, for coins sealed by NNC that are mishandled or treated by the owner in a manner that results in damage to the capsule, e.g., exposure to chemicals, chemical solvents, cleaning compounds, submersion of the capsule in liquids or solvents, exposure to extreme prolonged heat, pounding, prying, or breaking of the capsule, etc.
- INSPECTION. The customer agrees to inspect all coins immediately upon receipt and report any damage or discrepancy to National Numismatic Certification, LLC. within five (5) business days of customer's receipt of coins. Failure to properly inspect, identify and report the discrepancy or error to NNC within 5 days of customer receipt of the coin will make the customer/submitter financially liable for any and all losses and/or claims caused by the circulation or sale of the mismarked or inappropriately identified coin.
- SHIPPING. The Parties agree that all coins being sent to NNC must be packaged and shipped in strict compliance with NNC's packaging and shipping instructions.
- EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION OF WARRANTIES, EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, NNC DISCLAIMS (a) ALL WARRANTIES, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, (b) ALL OTHER REPRESENTATIONS MADE BY THE UNDERSIGNED AND (c) ALL OTHER OBLIGATIONS OR LIABILITIES WITH RESPECT TO ITS GRADING SERVICE. IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABLITY AND FITNESS ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED AND DISCLAIMED. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE FACE HEREOF.
- There are no representations, statements, warranties or agreements except as expressly set forth herein. The parties agree that this the NNC Coin Submission Form embodies the entire understanding of the parties, and there are no further or other agreements or understandings, written or oral, in effect between the parties relating to this subject matter unless expressly referred to in this the NNC Coin Submission Form.
PLEASE NOTE: We are no longer accepting submissions from Singapore due to the large number of counterfeit coins coming from there.
NNC Coin Grading - National Numismatic Certification, LLC.
P.O. Box 701943
St. Cloud, Florida 34770-1943